Texas Roadhouse have unbelievable green beans and it is definitely worth the visit there just for these. After having these green beans the last time I was there, I knew I had to find out this recipe.
Lucky for you, that’s what we’re going to cover down below in detail.
This recipe promises to bring the authentic Texas Roadhouse experience to your dining table, making it the perfect accompaniment to any main course. Not only can you save money by not having to dine out but you can bring a big smile to your family when you unleash the ultimate side dish on them.
How To Make Copycat Texas Roadhouse Green Bean
- Green Beans: These are the main component of the dish. It’s recommended to use fresh cut canned green beans and not the French style. Rinsing them under cold water is crucial to remove excess salt, starch, and any other contaminants.
- Bacon: Bacon is used to add a rich, smoky flavor to the green beans. It’s diced into small pieces and cooked until golden brown, infusing the dish with its savory taste.
- Canola Oil: This is used for cooking the bacon. Canola oil is chosen for its neutral flavor and high-heat cooking properties.
- Onions: Onions are added for their sweet and aromatic flavor, which complements the green beans and bacon.
- Water: Water is used to create the cooking liquid for the green beans, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Sugar: A small amount of sugar is added to balance the flavors and add a hint of sweetness.
- Pepper: Pepper is used to season the dish and add a slight kick.
- Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor of the green beans and complements the other ingredients.
What kind of green beans do I need to use?
To make this the best possible Texas Roadhouse green bean recipe you ever had, adding fresh cut canned green beans is essential. It’s important to not use the French type of green-beans for this.
Rinse the Green Beans
Make sure you do not skip this step as it is important. When removing the green beans from the can, just draining them isn’t sufficient. We recommend that you run them under low temperature water. By doing this any excessive amounts of salt/starch are removed. This will also help to remove any other contamination or unusual flavors present.
Further research to this as highlighted on the official government website outline the affect rinsing has to remove sodium from canned vegetables.
Other Texas Roadhouse Recipes
Well there you have it! Although we didn’t come up with the recipe, we sure know how to make it. No need to go out to any restaurants when you can easily make these yourself at home. The perfect side to any meal and best of all everyone will be impressed when you serve this up.
Want more combinations to serve this with? Then check out our seasoned rice recipe and also finish up with this Texas Roadhouse strawberry margarita. No better way that complimenting your restaurant favourites all into one meal.
What do you serve your texas roadhouse green beans with? Let us know down below in the comments.