Have you ever wanted to make Knorr spinach dip yourself at home? We are going to cover an easy recipe for this delicious, healthy dip, and offer some special tips for making it stand out at a party.
How To Make Knorr Spinach Dip
To create this fantastic dip, you will need:
- Water chestnuts, to give it a crunchy edge
- Spinach – you can’t have a spinach dip without this. (you can use frozen, pre-chopped spinach to speed up the process if you don’t wish to use fresh)
- Green onions, to give the dip some extra bite and flavor
- Knorr vegetable recipe mix, which creates the familiar taste
- Sour cream, to make it tangy
- Mayonnaise, to pull it all together and enrich the other ingredients
Serve cold with crackers, carrot sticks, celery, cucumbers, or chips. Put any leftovers back in the fridge to chill.
With that said, let’s get straight into the method!
Tips & Tricks
Once you’ve got the basics of Knorr spinach dip down, you might find some of the following tips and ideas useful for ensuring that your dip is a show-stopper every time you make it.
- Don’t be afraid to whip this up in advance. It will last well in the fridge for up to four days, and this is a great way to minimize the hassle if you’re planning it for a party or buffet. Simply cover the dip well to ensure that there is minimal airflow over it, and get it out when you are ready to set the table.
- Make sure you drain the spinach properly. The dip will be too liquid and runny if you add too much juice from the spinach. If you find that it does end up runny, try adding a little more mayo to try to balance out the liquid.
- If the dip tastes too greasy, try adding a little Greek yogurt and take out some of the mayonnaise and sour cream, which are heavier ingredients.
- If you fancy a more unusual twist on the classic recipe, get a can of artichoke hearts, drain them, chop them, and stir them through the dip. This will enhance the flavor and give you some delicious green bites to enjoy, alongside the standard spinach.
- You can also add chopped bacon into the dip if you would like to give it a meaty edge and enhance the crunchiness brought out by the water chestnuts. Cut the bacon pieces up small so they don’t ruin the consistency.
- Alternatively, include some grated cheddar or Parmesan cheese to make the dip saltier and more satisfying. Mozzarella also goes very well with spinach.
- If that doesn’t appeal, consider trying some chili powder dusted on the top, but don’t add too much, or the original flavor will be lost.
- Make sure you are using really fresh green onions, as these will have a better flavor and will make the dip taste great.
- If you want to make the dip well in advance, consider freezing it. It should freeze fine in an airtight container, and you can then get it out 24 hours in advance and place it in the fridge to defrost. Make sure you stir it thoroughly before serving to recombine any ingredients that have separated out.
How long does Knorr spinach dip last in the fridge?
Knorr spinach dip should last for up to four days in the fridge, especially if you use fresh ingredients. Make sure that you cover the dip or store it in an airtight container so that it doesn’t dry out on top, or you will find a crusty layer has formed.
What is good with spinach dip?
You can eat anything with this kind of dip, but it goes well with seafood, such as shrimp, or with chips, crackers, breadsticks, and chopped raw vegetables. If you want to be healthy, slice up some carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, or celery sticks to dip in it. Alternatively, try some boiled egg halves.
Do you have to cook the spinach for Knorr spinach dip?
Most recipes will call for cooked spinach, but if you would prefer to use raw spinach, this should also work well. You can wash, dry, and chop the spinach just as you would with cooked leaves, and then stir them into the dip as normal.
You may find that the texture is slightly different, as the leaves will be a little crisper, but they are perfectly safe to eat raw, and many people prefer the dip this way.
Other Dip Recipes
Knorr spinach dip is a popular party food, and definitely one that you should try for your next buffet meal. It’s a great one for kids, because it has a mild flavor but is still reasonably healthy, and adults will love it.
Try the variations suggested above to make it taste more interesting.
This is probably one of the easiest dips you can make!