Have you ever wanted to make million dollar dip yourself at home? This is a relatively easy dip that you can whip up in only a small amount of time. Below, you’ll find a great, simple recipe, a list of ingredients, some tips and tricks for a great cooking experience, and some FAQs.
How To Make This Dip
Follow our ingredients and instructions to make your own version of this dip. You can follow our tips and tricks down below to ensure your dip is as successful as possible.
Can you leave the cayenne pepper out?
Yes, if you aren’t keen on spice, simply skip the cayenne pepper, or add an alternative spice if you prefer.
Can you make the dip taste richer?
If you find the dip doesn’t have enough richness, try whisking in some softened cream cheese. This will make it more velvety. A little fresh cream will have the same effect.
How can you may the dip spicier?
If you’d like to give the dip a bit of a kick, try increasing the amount of black pepper, or toss in some chopped jalapeno peppers. Smoked paprika also makes a nice addition, or you can include some minced garlic, or other herbs and spices.
Tips & Tricks
Now you’ve got the basics, let’s look at how you can make your million dollar dip a true show-stopper.
- You can make your dip easier to scoop by chopping your almond slivers before you brown them.
- Keep your dip covered when you aren’t using it, so that the surface layer doesn’t dry out. Plastic wrap or an airtight container will work well.
- Make sure you use a sharp knife for slicing the onions. This will give you smaller, crispier slices. A blunt knife will give you larger, rougher ones.
- Consider trying other kinds of cheese; you don’t have to limit yourself to just cheddar. If you have other flavors you enjoy, try swapping some of the cheddar out and adding other options.
- Use high-quality ingredients; your dip will taste noticeably better.
- Serve your dip cold, and don’t let it sit on the counter and get warm before you eat it. It’s much nicer when properly chilled.
Can you make this dip in advance?
Yes, you can make the dip in advance, and its flavors will actually meld better if they are left for a day. Whip this dip up the day before you want it, and enjoy its rich taste.
If you’re short on time, try using bacon bits, so you don’t have to cook them. This will work just as well, and they will already be chopped, saving you work.
Can you make the dip healthier?
If you’d like the dip to be a little bit healthier, swap some of the mayonnaise for sour cream and/or Greek yogurt. This will give it a sourer, fresher taste, and will make it less fatty and greasy. You can also reduce the amount of bacon in it if you prefer, although this will affect the flavor.
How long can you keep million dollar dip in the fridge?
This dip should keep in the fridge for up to four days, as long as it is refrigerated promptly. Do not leave it at room temperature for longer than two hours (or one hour if the room is above 90 degrees F), as it will quickly go off. Store it in the fridge except when it is being served.
Other Dip Recipes
Million dollar dip is delicious and the perfect treat for a party. It’s ideal for a dip tray, and usually proves a popular option because it is creamy and rich.
Make sure you adjust for the tastes of your guests; you should leave out or add in spices accordingly.