Hello party animals! Imagine this, you’re living it up in the City of Sin, the lights are flashing, the music is pumping, and you’re in the mood for a cocktail that’s as wild and energetic as the Vegas Strip. That’s where the Vegas Bomb comes in, or also known as the royal flush shot and we’ll show you how to make it.
This blog post is a toast to all you fun-loving souls out there who are always ready for a good time. We’ll take you through the history of this popular drink, explain why each ingredient matters, and guide you through the recipe to create your very own Vegas Bomb at home. It’s time to bring the spirit of Vegas to your next party!
How To Make The Vegas Bomb Recipe
This drink absolutely screams “Vegas”. It’s awash with alcohol and there’s a hint of fireworks as you assemble it. You’ll look every part the high roller. And you’ll need to be as it requires 3 different types of spirits. You’ll need Crown Royal Whiskey, Peach Schnapps, and Malibu coconut rum to make the Vegas bomb shot.
Vegas is all about partying all night and going to bed when the sun comes up, or not. Fortunately, this drink contains a significant amount of Red Bull, so falling asleep at the table isn’t something that you need to be concerned with. Falling asleep later on in the evening, or being unable to, might be something that you want to think about, if you are going to have a few.
The shot is made in two parts. The ‘Vegas’ part is essentially the alcohol and the ‘bomb’ part is how it is prepared. You will need a standard shot glass and a larger glass. The shot gives a nice splash of red color (quite literally) and the body of the drink is a sunny golden color. When they are mixed, they combine in a really colorful swirl (you won’t notice as you’ll be drinking it within seconds).
The ‘bomb’ part can get a bit messy. There are a number of ways that you can deal with this. If you are having an outdoor summer party then you don’t need to worry too much about the clean-up. If you are indoors then you will probably want to make this in the kitchen and not over your designer rug. (otherwise you’ll be heading to Vegas to try and win the money to pay for the cleaning bill).
Whilst you want a decent splash, there’s no need to go overboard on the Vegas excess. A gentle drop will be exciting enough, without the diamonds. Or in other words, shards of broken glass.
What’s in a Vegas Bomb?
You don’t have to stick to the rigid ingredient requirements should you not have them to hand. This drink is all about having fun so play around with the ingredients and even get creative to enhance the taste.
To make the Vegas Bomb cocktail you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Crown Royal whiskey
- Peach Schnapps
- Malibu Coconut rum
- Cranberry Juice
- Red Bull or similar alternative.
Anyway, lets take a look at the recipe so you can make this and be the king or queen of your guest’s hearts: –
Tips & Tricks
- The alcohol content of each Vegas bomb shot recipe is quite high, so we would encourage you not to overdo it. With a drink as delicious as this you will probably find you will want to have a few. However, if you do, you’ll can definitely gamble on having a headache the next day.
- Some aspects of the drink are interchangeable so don’t feel that you need the exact ingredients. In place of Crown Royal whiskey, you can use any whisky that you have, as the flavour will be pretty similar (It’ll just be a ‘flush’ instead of a ‘royal flush’)
- If you want to just drink the alcohol and avoid the extra bits all together then you could actually just make the shot, which on its own is called a “royal flush shot”.
- You might want what happens in Vegas, to stay in Vegas. Perhaps the best way is to make the shot as an ‘all in one’ and avoid the ‘bomb’ part completely. It will still taste exactly the same, it just won’t be quite as glamorous. You could just call it a ‘Vegas’ so people don’t have false expectations. To make this version, just mix all of the ingredients together in a glass. It might be easier and quite a bit cleaner.
- There are various varieties of Peach Schnapps available, so just try and pick one that you like. For a bit of variation, you could try apple or cherry schnapps instead.
- Whilst we are going to recommend malibu rum, you can use any coconut rum, as long as it has that tropical coconut flavour you are good to go.
- Two musts that you will need are red bull and cranberry juice. As they give the drink its distinctive color and a large part of its flavor.
- We aren’t trying to ruin the party, but we want to offer a quick word of caution. When drinking ‘bomb’ style cocktails, if you tip the glass too far then there is a danger of the shot glass sliding quickly within the pint glass, and the only thing stopping it will be your teeth. So, when we say drink carefully, we mean this in more ways than one.
Serving Up Your Vegas Bomb with Style
A Vegas Bomb is perfect for any lively occasion – be it a house party, birthday celebration or even just a fun night-in with friends. It pairs well with finger foods like nachos or chicken wings. Or, if you’re feeling fancy, try serving it alongside sushi or shrimp cocktails for an upscale twist.
See Also: Green Tea Shot Recipe
Time to Try Your Own Vegas Bomb!
So there you have it – everything you need to know about making a killer Vegas Bomb! Why not give it a try at your next gathering? Trust us, your guests will be thanking you (or perhaps blaming you) for their unforgettable night!
Whether you are a “high roller” or more of a “quarter slots” kind of person, you should really enjoy our Vegas bomb recipe. It looks a lot more sophisticated than it really is (much like Vegas to be honest). The splash isn’t entirely necessary, so if you don’t fancy ‘a show’, just mix it in one and enjoy the taste.
We’d love to hear about your experiences making this cocktail. Did you add anything different? Maybe you found some other fun serving suggestions? Do share!
What are the main ingredients in a Vegas Bomb?
A Vegas Bomb is typically made with Crown Royal Whiskey, Peach Schnapps, Red Bull, and Cranberry Juice.
How is a Vegas Bomb traditionally served?
A Vegas Bomb is usually served as a shot. It’s typically prepared by mixing the whiskey, schnapps, and cranberry juice, and then dropping the shot into a glass of Red Bull.
What does a Vegas Bomb taste like?
The Vegas Bomb has a sweet and fruity taste, thanks to the peach schnapps and cranberry juice, with a kick from the whiskey and energizing effect from the Red Bull.
Can I substitute the Crown Royal Whiskey in the recipe?
Yes, you can use any other type of whiskey to make a Vegas Bomb, but the taste may vary slightly.
Is a Vegas Bomb a strong drink?
The strength of a Vegas Bomb can vary depending on the proportions of each ingredient used. However, as it contains both whiskey and Red Bull, it is considered a strong drink.
Can I make a Vegas Bomb without Red Bull?
While Red Bull is a traditional ingredient in a Vegas Bomb, you can substitute it with any other energy drink. However, this will change the flavor of the drink.
Can I prepare a Vegas Bomb in advance?
It’s best to prepare a Vegas Bomb just before you plan to serve it to ensure the best taste and to maintain the fizz of the energy drink.
What type of glass should I use to serve a Vegas Bomb?
A Vegas Bomb is typically served in a shot glass within a larger glass (usually a pint or rocks glass) that contains the Red Bull.