When it comes to easy midweek dinners, we reckon that you can’t get much better than pasta. When it is great tasting and quick to prepare, We couldn’t be happier. Here’s the good news. With a few simple storecupboard ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can whip up our Tiktok baked Feta Pasta recipe in minutes.
Today, we will talk you through how to make it and offer some valuable tips and tricks so that you can get it right the first time!
How to Make Viral Tiktok Baked Feta Pasta
You aren’t going to need any fancy equipment to make our Tiktok baked feta pasta recipe. It isn’t far off being a one-pot meal… Ok, it takes two pots, but it is still really easy. You will need a pan and a baking dish.
We start the event by turning the oven onto a highish heat. About 390°F should do it. As the oven is heating up, we start preparing the sauce for our baked feta pasta. The good thing is you don’t need to dirty any bowls to make it.
Because we are going to mix the ingredients in the dish that we are going to bake in!
Speaking of ingredients, here’s what it is all about.
We add a couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes to the baking dish and give it a splash with some olive oil and a big sprinkling of sea salt (and maybe a little pepper too). We arrange out tomatoes in a layer on the bottom of the dish.
Once it looks nice, and even take a block of feta (yes, a whole block) and plonk it slap bang in the middle of the tomatoes. Out comes the olive oil again. We give the feta a good drenching and then top it with a fine layer of chili flakes.
Why, whack it in the oven, of course.
For how long?
30 minutes! At least!
We cook the tomatoes and feta until they turn just a little bit golden.
But we don’t sit idle while we are baking those little red tomatoes, oh no! In the meantime, we will boil our pasta. Once it is al dente, we drain it, reserving a little of the cooking water.
Once 30 minutes is up, we take the baking dish out and throw in a few cloves of smashed garlic along with some fresh basil leaves. The garlic cooks from the residual heat of the baking dish!
From there, all that is left to do is throw the pasta in, with a little splash of the cooking water to loosen the sauce before stirring it in.
Serve immediately and think about your next viral video.
See Also: Viral Tiktok Recipes
Tips and Tricks
- We use bowtie pasta in our Tiktok feta pasta recipe, but this literally works with any type of pasta. You can use spaghetti, macaroni, and penne, no problem. Whatever pasta is lurking in the back of your cupboard!
- The chili flakes are an optional step. We don’t mind a little bit of heat, but others might, so if in doubt, feel free to leave it out!
- The key to this dish is cooking your tomatoes until they darken and turn really oozy. This is achieved by using a really high oven heat. Don’t be afraid to go a little over 30 minutes… The longer they cook, the sweeter they go!
- If you don’t have fresh basil leaves, don’t panic! Dried basil flakes will do the job just as well in a pinch.
- Don’t leave your pasta sat in the cooking water once it has reached the desired level. Remember that water will stay hot, and continue to cook and soak into your pasta. Nobody likes mushy pasta!
- Make sure to throw your garlic and basil into the oven dish as soon as it emerges. You are relying on the residual heat of the dish to cook the garlic. If it cools down too much, you’ll end up with chunks of raw garlic in your pasta. You’ll also end up sleeping in the spare room because of your garlic breath.
- If you find the sauce a bit thick, add some more cooking water. If you’ve already tipped it away, don’t worry too much. A splash of hot water will do the trick as well.
Other Viral Recipes
Well, our version of this recipe is about as easy as it gets. We take some cold with us to work the next day for lunch! Even better! There is no magic to this dish (in fact, we aren’t even sure why it trended so hard?), but it is really tasty. Why not give it a go and let us know how you get on in the comments below?