Classy, great looking, and rather tasteful. No, we aren’t talking about Gigi Hadid. We are talking about Gigi Hadid’s pasta recipe. It is just a little bit fiery (just like Gigi), but ultimately also creamy and comforting. The best thing is that it is really easy to make, and in this article, we will show you how, including some tips and tricks (and perhaps one or two secrets of our own).
How to Make Gigi Hadid Pasta Sauce
We love our homemade Gigi Hadid pasta recipe because, like most pasta sauces, it is really simple to make. There’s no magic, just simple ingredients, cooked to perfection.
We begin, as any good pasta recipe should, by sauteing garlic and ginger. The base flavor of the dish is the acidic and slightly sweet tang of tomatoes. We achieve this with tomato puree.
This dish is a little bit grown up, it involves just a splash of vodka, for those who don’t like to drink, don’t worry. You will cook the ingredients until the alcohol burns off. So, you are left with the great flavor and not the taste of the raw spirit.
We mentioned that this dish is creamy. Well, the easiest way to achieve this is by using a little heavy cream. The heat in the dish comes from the inclusion of chili flakes.
The dish is finished off with the old Italian favorites of parmesan and basil. If you lack any of the above ingredients, you’ll see that we suggest alternatives for our Gigi Hadid pasta recipe below.
You won’t need any fancy equipment to make this delicious pasta dish. A couple of pans and a spoon, and other standard kitchen equipment should do the trick at a maximum.
Tips and Tricks
- If you haven’t got tomato puree, don’t worry too much. We don’t use a lot of it. You can achieve a similar taste by mashing canned tomatoes and using double the quantity of puree. If you are really struggling, then ketchup would also make an effective substitute.
- So, we promised secrets… And you may not be the kind of person to have vodka lying around the house. That’s ok. Vodka gives the dish a little depth, but if you don’t have any, a teaspoon of Worcester sauce will produce a similar effect. This works well with any tomato-based dish.
- Now, we said this dish is fiery, but that is up to you. We use a pinch of chili flakes to introduce some heat. You can tailor the heat depending on your preference, A small pinch will give you just a hint of fire. A whole teaspoon will make it super hot. Armed with this knowledge, use just enough chili to get it up to temperature. Remember, you can always add more, but once it is in, it is staying in!
- When it comes to the type of pasta, the choice is yours. We find that Penne pasta works really well. For a treat, go for fusilli. Those gorgeous spirals are super for holding the sauce, ensuring that each mouthful is delicious. Any pasta works wonderfully with this dish.
- When you drain your pasta, be sure to save a little of the cooking water. This way, if your sauce and pasta are a bit heavy, you can loosen it up with a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water. In fact, we recommend it.
- Here’s another secret and in our opinion improves this recipe… Gigi Hadid’s pasta recipe uses parmesan. This can make the dish a little sticky and heavy. However, here’s the secret. A knob of butter will loosen up your dish and give your Giga Hadid Pasta sauce a lovely, loose, and glossy sheen.
- Cooking your pasta properly is important to achieve a perfect result. Get your pan of salted water boiling before you add the pasta. And as soon as you add it, give it a stir. This stops the pasta from sticking together, no need for splashes of olive oil and other cheap ‘cooks tricks’.
Well, that was easy. Our homemade Gigi Hadid pasta recipe tastes amazing and should take you around 15 minutes to prepare. It’s an ideal dish for an impromptu dinner party or when you’ve had a busy day and want something quick and tasty. Enjoy.