We love going to denies. There’s something nice about sitting in a booth with a never-ending coffee watching the world go by. There’s one thing that makes this picture complete. A delicious helping of Denny’s French Toast. Maybe you are stuck indoors or you just can’t wait. Either way, we are going to teach you how to make our Denny’s French Toast recipe at home! We will also look at some hints and tips to help make your Denny’s French toast authentic.
How To Make Denny’s French Toast
French toast mixes the savory with the sweet. It’s like a cross between an omelet, a piece of toast and a pancake. But there is a reason for that. It actually encompasses ingredients from all three! Eggs, bread, flour, and a hint of sweetness. If you are hungry then this Denny’s French toast recipe is ideal. You may notice that it isn’t light on the carbs, perhaps it’s not the best as healthy eating goes, but it is super filling and will leave you set up for the day.
The equipment you will need to make French toast isn’t too advanced. In order to make it you will need a skillet or frying pan, a large bowl and a whisk
Tips and Tricks
If you are the kind of cook who wants an easy life, or if you are wanting to add a bit of variation to your French toast recipe our tips and tricks should have you covered.
- In this recipe we use vanilla essence as we find it is the most readily available in stores. However, if you want to go super luxurious you can use vanilla seeds or a fresh vanilla pod. The only difference is that to get the maximum amount of flavor, heat the vanilla pod with the milk in a small pan prior to adding it as our recipe suggests
- French toast is delicious. But left all on its own on a plate, it can look pretty uninteresting. For a burst of colour, consider garnishing your plate with a few sprigs of fresh mint.
- If you are looking for a little variety add some fruit to the plate. Our favorite is a handful of blueberries and some finely sliced strawberries. But you can use anything in your fruit bowl. Apples are great. And half a sliced banana goes perfectly with this dish.
- Denny’s aren’t known for making small breakfasts… But what they are known for is the ability to customize your breakfast with ‘extras’. One thing we like to do is serve our French toast with slices of bacon. For a sticky and salty treat, sprinkle your bacon with a little sugar and grill until it is dark and crispy.
- If you want to make more French toast, or you are expecting company, just double the amounts of all the ingredients listed. It’s super simple and will taste exactly the same.
- One of the great things we love about Denny’s French toast is that it makes the ideal ‘on the go breakfast’ and will keep for a couple of days after you have made it. Just wait for it to cool and pop it into the refrigerator.
Can You Reheat or Freeze French Toast?
Yes you can reheat French toast in a pan. Just place it on a medium heat and flip 4-5 times for a total of about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can just pop in into a toaster oven for a couple of minutes.
It is also possible to freeze French toast. Once you have made a suitable quantity allow it to cool and then line a baking sheet with parchment. Place the French toast in a single layer and freeze wholesale. Once it is frozen you can place portions in a zip lock freezer bag, to be removed whenever you would like a few slices. To reheat just follow the above instructions and triple the cooking time.
Denny’s French Toast is really easy to make. We can guarantee that nobody will be hungry after trying our recipe. If you’ve made our homemade Denny’s French toast recipe or have any other tips and tricks, please leave a comment below. I really love hearing from you guys.