With summer not too far away, you are probably already looking for amazing drinks you can serve in the cool shade of your backyard. Deep Eddy lemon vodkas are immensely popular and highly refreshing, but how do you make these?
A Deep Eddy lemon vodka can be put together with a few simple ingredients. With a few lemon slices, some lemonade vodka, and a bit of lemon seltzer water, you’ll soon be sipping one of the most refreshing drinks out there. There’s nothing like a dash of lemon when it’s hot out.
With that in mind, let’s explore a top recipe for Deep Eddy lemon vodka.
How To Make Deep Eddy Lemonade Vodka
If you’re going to make great Deep Eddy lemon vodka drinks, you’re going to need:
- Whole, unwaxed lemons: you’ll be slicing these up to decorate and flavor the drinks. You don’t want wax in them, so try to get unwaxed fruits. If you can’t, soaking the lemons in hot water can help you to scrape off the wax, although this isn’t a perfect solution.
- Lemon seltzer water: this will give you that blissfully refreshing fizziness and increase the lemony tang
- Lemonade vodka: this provides the booze and the flavor, and it’s the perfect way to make a flavorful Deep Eddy lemon vodka, so don’t skimp on it! If you can’t get lemonade vodka, you may be able to make a substitute from store-bought lemonade and a bottle of vodka. This can be a good solution.
- Rosemary: this adds flavor and a twist of color to your drink, so don’t leave it out. Some fans feel that the rosemary is what makes the drink!
Tips & Tricks
You can make your Deep Eddy lemon vodka recipe particularly good using a few of these top tips:
- Firstly, make sure you are using really fresh lemons. Lemons that are a bit past their best are harder to slice, and will not contain as much juice. This often results in drinks that just don’t taste quite as good. They’ll still be passable, but they’ll lack some of the “zing” that fresh lemons offer.
- If possible, make sure you are using proper lemonade vodka. If you really can’t get this, you can make a very similar drink with lemonade and vodka mixed together, but you may find that it doesn’t taste quite as good.
- Chill your alcohol in the freezer for a few minutes before pouring it into the glass. This prevents the ice from melting too fast, and ensures you have a deliciously cold drink to enjoy.
See Also: 18 Cointreau Cocktails
Q: Can you change the ratios of lemon, vodka, and lemon seltzer?
A: Yes! One of the best things about this recipe is that it is super flexible, so you can make any alterations you like to the ratios. If you don’t want a strong drink, reduce the vodka to a half shot and increase the amount of seltzer – or decrease the seltzer and pour a bigger shot. You can adapt this cocktail however you like.
Q: Do you need the rosemary?
A: If you don’t have your own rosemary plant, you might have to buy sprigs of rosemary specifically for this cocktail, and they won’t stay fresh for very long. This can be a bit of a problem – in which case, it might be best to skip the rosemary. It’s a secondary flavor, rather than a crucial part of the drink.
If you have easy access to other herbs, consider experimenting, but be aware that rosemary pairs particularly well with lemon, and you might struggle to find a good substitute. In such cases, it may be better to leave it out.
Q: Does it matter what kind of ice cube you use?
A: When you’re combining ice and alcohol, you often want to slow down the ice’s melting process as much as possible so it keeps your drink cold and doesn’t dilute the alcohol too much. Large ice cubes melt more slowly than small ones, so aim for cubes that are reasonably large. This will minimize the dilution.
If you’d rather dilute the drink more, opt for smaller cubes that will melt more quickly.
See Also: 18 Easy Gin Cocktails
Deep Eddy lemon vodka is a delicious summer option that lots of people enjoy. The sharpness of the lemon will pair beautifully with the notes of vodka, and both will leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed, even in the hottest weather. Don’t forget the rosemary if you have it available!