Banana bread is a delicious treat that many people enjoy, but it’s easy to end up with a dry, flavorless loaf that nobody wants to eat. Fortunately, the Chrissy Teigen banana bread recipe is here to save the day and ensure your banana bread tastes amazing every time you make it!
How To Make Chrissy Teigen Banana Bread
This banana bread recipe requires:
- Eggs: these bind the bread together, keeping it moist and ensuring that all the ingredients merge into one delicious loaf.
- Bananas: the riper your bananas are, the better. They will produce a rich, toffee-like flavor, and black bananas are the best for this sort of recipe.
- White sugar: even if your bananas are sweet, you will likely find you need some sugar to enhance the taste.
- Unsweetened coconut: if you only have sweetened, omit some of the sugar.
- Oil: any neutral oil will serve to keep this recipe moist.
- All-purpose flour: you need flour to make your banana bread actually come out as a loaf.
- Baking soda: to make the bread light and fluffy, ensure you have some fresh baking soda.
- Pudding mix: preferably vanilla flavored, pudding mix will make your banana bundt bread particularly moist and scrumptious.
- Salt: this will bring out the flavors.
- Dark chocolate: a few chips of dark chocolate can make banana bread really decadent, and the bitter cocoa will pair well with the sweet banana.
Tips & Tricks
Now you’ve cracked a great banana bread recipe, let’s look at some tips for making it even better:
- Use the bundt tin if possible. If you don’t have a bundt tin, you can instead use a loaf tin (or two), but you may find that the banana bread is not quite as moist. The increased surface area of the bundt tin encourages the loaf to cook evenly, spreading the moisture.
- Use the ripest bananas you have. If your bananas are not ripe enough, they won’t give the batter its rich, sweet flavor. Black bananas can be stored in the freezer until you are ready to use them.
- Don’t skip the pudding mix; it really adds to the moisture element and will make your banana bread stand out.
- Wrap your banana bread up well, especially once it has been cut open. The secret to great banana bread is moisture, and you want to preserve this as much as possible. Don’t leave it on the counter to go stale. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge when you aren’t eating it.
Can you freeze banana bread?
Yes, but it’s best frozen as a full loaf. If you have already sliced it, make sure you wrap the slices well before freezing them to hold in the moisture and ensure they still taste great when thawed. Thaw them in the fridge or on the counter.
Should you eat banana bread hot or cold?
You can do either. Banana bread tastes particularly good when warm, but it is also delicious cold. You can put it in the toaster to lightly heat it up, but be careful not to burn it!
Do you have to add shredded coconut and dark chocolate?
If you don’t have or don’t like either of these ingredients, you can leave them out, but they make the banana bread taste much better. They add a delightful chewiness and help to balance out the sweetness of the bananas nicely. It’s best to leave them in if you can!
Other Dessert Recipes
Banana bread is a delightful snack or breakfast, and this recipe truly is a great one. Make sure you don’t over-cook it as the top will turn crispy and chewy.
Always use the ripest bananas that you have access to for the best toffee taste and a deliciously moist loaf!