If you’re a food lover who is always on the lookout for new chicken recipes, your search ends here. I present to you BJs Parmesan Crusted Chicken – a dish that’s creamy, cheesy, full of flavor and absolutely delicious. This mouth-watering dish comes with a crispy parmesan crust that balances perfectly with the tender chicken underneath, making it a must-try for every chicken lover out there.
How to make BJs Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Making BJs Parmesan Crusted Chicken at home might seem like a daunting task, but trust me, it’s easier than you’d think. The process involves dipping chicken breasts in a parmesan and breadcrumb mixture, then frying them until they’re golden brown and crispy. After that, you smother them in a rich, creamy sauce before serving.
To achieve the perfect parmesan crust, it’s important to use fresh parmesan cheese and to press it firmly onto the chicken breasts. This ensures that the cheese sticks to the chicken and creates a thick layer of crust when fried. Also, make sure your oil is hot enough before adding the chicken to prevent the crust from falling off.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious dish:
- Chicken Breasts: This is the star of our dish. Opt for boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best results.
- Parmesan Cheese: This gives our chicken its unique, cheesy crust. Freshly grated parmesan is preferred over pre-grated ones for a better texture and flavor.
- Bread Crumbs: These help in giving the crust a nice, crispy texture.
- Butter and Olive Oil: These are used for frying the chicken. They not only add flavor but also help in achieving that perfect golden-brown color.
- Cream: This is used to make the rich, creamy sauce that goes on top of the chicken.
- Garlic, Salt, and Pepper: These are basic seasonings that enhance the flavor of the chicken and the sauce.
Now let’s get down to cooking:
- Start by seasoning your chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together freshly grated parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly so that the mixture sticks to the chicken.
- Heat some butter and olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook until they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your sauce. In a separate pan, melt some butter over medium heat. Add some minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the cream, bring it to a simmer, and let it thicken slightly.
- Once your chicken is cooked, pour the creamy sauce over it and serve immediately.
Remember to control your heat while cooking the chicken to avoid burning the crust. Also, constantly stir your sauce to prevent it from burning at the bottom of the pan.
See Also: Best way to reheat McDonald’s nuggets
Can I use other types of cheese for this recipe?
Yes, you can use other hard cheeses like pecorino or grana padano as a substitute for parmesan.
My crust isn’t sticking to the chicken. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure your oil is hot enough before adding the chicken, as this helps to seal the crust onto the chicken. Also, press the cheese-breadcrumb mixture onto the chicken firmly.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
This dish is best served fresh. However, you can prepare your chicken and sauce separately ahead of time and assemble just before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Always use fresh Parmesan cheese for a better texture and flavor. Pre-grated ones can sometimes be powdery and less flavorful.
- Make sure to press the Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture firmly onto the chicken. This ensures that the mixture sticks well and forms a thick, crispy crust when fried.
- Ensure your oil is hot enough before adding the chicken. This helps seal the crust onto the chicken and prevents it from falling off.
- Control your heat while cooking the chicken to avoid burning the crust. Too high heat can cause the crust to burn before the chicken is fully cooked.
- Stir your sauce constantly while it simmers to prevent it from burning at the bottom of the pan.
- If your crust isn’t sticking to the chicken, your oil may not be hot enough. Make sure it’s properly heated before adding the chicken.
- This dish is best served fresh, but you can prepare your chicken and sauce separately ahead of time and assemble just before serving.
Check out our chicken chesapeake recipe
Storing BJs Parmesan Crusted Chicken
To store BJs Parmesan Crusted Chicken:
- Cool the dish: Allow the chicken and sauce to cool completely before storing. Placing warm food in the refrigerator can lower the temperature of the fridge, potentially spoiling other food.
- Separate components: If possible, store the chicken and sauce separately. This helps to keep the chicken’s Parmesan crust crispy.
- Refrigerate: Place the cooled chicken and sauce in separate airtight containers. Refrigerate promptly. You can safely store cooked chicken in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: For longer storage, you can freeze the chicken and sauce (separately) for up to 3 months. Always remember to label your containers with the date.
- Reheat: To serve, reheat the chicken in the oven at a low temperature to maintain its crispy texture. Heat the sauce in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly to prevent it from burning. Pour the sauce over the chicken just before serving.
See Also: Boil chicken breasts
BJs Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a flavorful, cheesy, and crispy dish that every chicken lover should try. It’s not just the taste, but the process of cooking this dish that makes it so special. The joy of seeing your chicken turn a perfect golden-brown, or the satisfaction of making a creamy sauce from scratch, it’s all part of the wonderful experience of cooking.
So why wait? Gather your ingredients and embark on this exciting culinary journey right in your kitchen!