I don’t know if you have noticed, but whenever you search for a quick and easy party snack recipe, they are never quick and they are never easy. They usually entail a ton of work and ingredients you simply can’t find in store. This is not the case with this recipe. This Bisquick sausage cheese ball recipe consists of 3 main ingredients and is very versatile as you can flavor it any way you want.
You can use various pre-made spice mixes from your local grocery store or you can make your own spice mix at home. You can also add some freshly chopped herbs and even chopped cashew nuts or walnuts for added texture.
If you do not consume pork, you can substitute it with any other ground meat, as long as it has some fat in it to keep the meatballs moist once cooked. It is very easy to make into a gluten-free recipe by using the Bisquick Gluten Free Variety Baking Mix instead.
If you want to make a dinner out of it, you can easily do so by adjusting the size of the balls into larger portions. Serve them in a delicious tomato garlic sauce or on top of some buttery and flaky flatbreads.
If you are like me and you plan gatherings at the last minute, this recipe can be prepared in advance. Simply make the meatballs, allow them to cool completely and place them in a storage container in the freezer. These meatballs can be frozen for up to 3 months. Then whenever you are expecting guests, just reheat them in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. As easy as that!
Serve them as an appetizer, snack or a delicious addition to your buffet. Try using different dips and sauces to accompany these sausage cheese balls. I found that a flavored mayonnaise or mustard elevates their taste.
How to Make Bisquick Sausage Balls
This recipe is the most convenient sausage balls I have ever made. It has just 3 steps; combine, roll and bake!
First combine your meat, cheese and Bisquick. Use your hands to bring the mixture together. You might need to use a bit of milk if your mixture doesn’t want to form a dough.
Roll 30 evenly sized meatballs and place on a lined baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
30 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories130
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 7.7g 11%
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 10%
- Trans Fat .7g
- Cholesterol 20mg 7%
- Sodium 250mg 11%
- Potassium 13.4mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5g 3%
- Sugars .8g
- Protein 5.2g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tips & Tricks
- You can easily substitute the sharp cheddar with any type (or combination) of semi-hard or hard cheese. For example, combine some Mozzarella and Parmesan or Gouda and Mild Cheddar.
- If you can’t find bulk pork sausages, you can also buy regular pork sausages and remove the meat from the casings.
- For extra flair, buy a pre-spiced meat such as hot curry bulk pork sausage. You can use any flavor you can find.
- If you use plain ground pork meat, seasoning is essential! You can use a variety of spice mixes or create your own spice mix at home. Personally I love spicy Asian flavors so I would definitely spice mine with some chili powder, ground coriander and cumin, salt and pepper.
- Of course lean meat is always better, but here that is not the case. You need to have some fat to help combine the mixture and keep the meatballs moist once baked.
- If you thought this recipe couldn’t get any better, you were wrong. These sausage balls can be made and frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply place them on a lined baking sheet and reheat them in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit until heated through.
This Bisquick Sausage Ball Recipe is perfect for that on-the-go parent or that last-minute party planner. With only 3 ingredients and only 3 steps, what more could you ask for?
It’s an extremely versatile recipe that you can flavor any way you like, pair with any type of sauce and you can use a wide variety of substitutes for every ingredient; the list of benefits goes on and on. The fact that you can make them in advance and freeze them is just another reason I love this recipe.
They are the perfect combination of meat and cheese that works with almost any side dish. Use them at breakfast with pancakes, at brunch with some fruits, a party snack or an appetizer; the only limit is your imagination.
Next time you need a mind-blowing sausage ball recipe, you don’t have to look any further. Just make these Bisquick Sausage Balls. They are quick, easy, versatile and convenient to make. They will be a family favorite in no time.