If there’s one thing we can’t do without, it is our Starbucks fix in the morning. Every morning. We hate it when we find that there isn’t one on the corner (surprising, we know). Luckily we’ve got an insurance policy. We’ve learned how to make a Starbucks snickerdoodle latte at home, and we are willing to share. Check out the recipe for this delicious drink.
What is a Snickerdoodle?
A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie. Once you know what’s in it, you’ll be able to get a really good idea of what our Starbucks snickerdoodle latte is all about. A snickerdoodle is a simple cookie containing about 6 ingredients. The things that make it so tasty are lots of sugar, butter, and of course cinnamon.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at this latte.
How to Make Starbucks Snickerdoodle Latte
The best thing about this recipe is how simple it is to make. It requires zero fancy equipment. We don’t expect you to be a barista to make a Starbucks drink at home!
You won’t even need a milk foamer! If you’ve ever had a genuine Starbucks snickerdoodle latte, you’ll know that it is quite foamy and airy. Well, this recipe is the same, but without any steaming equipment or frothers.
We just give the milk a really good shake in a sealed flask. It works just as well to get loads of air into your drink.
We start by making plain old black coffee. You can use espresso, a French press, or even regular old instant coffee. We pour this into our favorite mug while we prepare the rest of the drink.
In a flask, we add sugar, cinnamon, and a little nutmeg. We top this off with around half a cup of heated milk. We put the lid on (tight) and shake it cocktail-style until our arm is about to fall off (if the coffee doesn’t wake you up, this will).
From there, it is simply a case of gently pouring your fluffy milk out into your coffee mug before sitting back and taking a big ol’ sip!
Tips and Tricks
- If you prefer to steer clear of dairy, no problem. This drink can be made with a variety of dairy substitutes. We’ve given it a go, and we find coconut milk is a great alternative as it foams up a little better than almond or soy milk.
- Don’t feel you need to use super classy coffee either. If you don’t have a French press or an espresso maker, we’ve tried this recipe using instant coffee, and it isn’t a million miles away from the original Starbucks snickerdoodle latte taste.
- Make sure you screw the lid on your flask tight. The last thing you need is for it to come open mid-shake… Snickerdoodle latte is a nice drink. It really doesn’t work as a wall covering (ask us how we know).
- If you don’t have a flask, any sealable container will work. We’ve given this recipe to friends and were surprised to learn that they use a mason jar!
- If you aren’t sure whether your milk has turned foamy enough, here is a great tip. Keep shaking until you can no longer feel the milk sloshing around in the flask. When it reaches this stage, that pretty much means that the flask is full of creamy and sweet foam!
- When opening your flask, be careful. Hot milk, combined with vigorous shaking, can produce pressure inside the flask. This can fizz or spurt when opened quickly. While the milk won’t be boiling hot, it could still give you a nasty burn!
- We like our Starbucks snickerdoodle latte to taste really authentic, so we add an extra step. We are talking about toppings. This is really easy to do. When it comes time to make the coffee, reserve a little sugar and cinnamon (about a teaspoon of each is fine). Just before serving, give your latte a little sprinkle!
This drink is super easy to make. Aside from the taste, one of our favorite things is that you don’t need any fancy equipment to make a Starbucks snickerdoodle latte at home and we don’t need to walk around the block to get one! What is your favorite Starbucks drink to enjoy at home? Why not let us know in the comments?