Nothing says winter comfort like a hot and sweet drink. When you add undertones of toasted cinnamon and brown sugar, there is only one word to describe it, heavenly. So, you want to know how to make a homemade Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte? Well, you are in the right place. This recipe is the best and is about as authentic as it gets. We will share our secret Starbucks recipe with you and offer some guidance to ensure that your result is just as tasty as the Starbucks version.
How to Make Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
This isn’t just a recipe to make one drink. We give you the tools and ingredients so that you can make several things.
Well, with our own special cinnamon dolce syrup, of course! One key player in our Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte is the syrup itself. This is what gives the drink that delicious aroma and taste.
First, you have to make the syrup. It is super simple to make and will take you less than ten minutes. Due to the high sugar content, it keeps pretty much indefinitely too. So you’ll be able to have a cinnamon dolce latte any time that you feel like it. Making the syrup is sort of a one time deal. You won’t have to make a batch every time you prepare the drink in the future.
The hardest part of this drink is actually the syrup. From there, it is just a case of heating some milk and ensuring that the ingredients are well mixed before serving. We think that whipped cream finish is an absolute must! There’s something super tasty about taking a sip through cold whipped cream and then contrasting the hot drink beneath. Delicious.
Tips and Tricks
- We use espresso in our version of the Starbucks Cinnamon dolce latte. If you don’t have espresso, it isn’t a deal-breaker. If you only have instant coffee, this can work. Just combine coffee granules with around 5 tablespoons of hot water. It may taste strong, but once mixed with the other ingredients will give your drink a superb coffee taste.
- If you aren’t the biggest fan of caffeine, it is possible to make this drink with caffeine-free coffee. Either use decaffeinated coffee powder for espresso or use our tip above. Just use decaffeinated granules. The taste is practically identical.
- This drink is really sweet. If you don’t have a sweet tooth or want to ‘tone it down’ ever so slightly, use half of the syrup amount as suggested in this recipe.
- If you haven’t got a whisk or mixer to make whipped cream, it isn’t the end of the world. It is still possible to get a super result with this tip. If you have a plastic bottle add enough cream to fill it ¼ of the way). Screw the lid tightly and shake rapidly until the cream stops sloshing. Voila whipped cream the easy way! (and less washing up, which we love).
- You are going to adore our homemade Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte. So we recommend making a large amount of our dolce latte syrup. That way, you can make one big effort at the start and enjoy the drink whenever you like. Our recipe should be good for at least 8 cups in the future.
- If you like a really strong cinnamon taste, you can also add a pinch of cinnamon and sugar to your cream before whipping. We find the addition of a little sugar to the cream helps it to hold its shape longer. It is also utterly delicious.
- We use milk as the base for our cinnamon dolce latte. If you are vegan or lactose intolerant, you can achieve an identical result using different varieties in place of the milk. Oat milk, soy, or any other milk alternative will work perfectly with our Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte recipe.
- Our cinnamon dolce syrup doesn’t only have to be used in our recipe. You can do plenty of other things with it too. Our favorite is adding a big old dollop to our apple pie mix. Cinnamon and apples? Nice. There are one or two cocktails that also benefit greatly from the addition of this sweet cinnamon syrup.
The beauty of our Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte is that if you are willing to go to the effort of making the syrup, you will have another ingredient ready to use with a variety of sweet treats. Our syrup goes well with lots of desserts (we even have a spoonful or two over ice cream sometimes). Have you made our dolce latte syrup? What did you make with it? Let us know in the comments. We are always looking for new recipe ideas.