The salted caramel popcorn is here to give you your all-time favorite snack with a different twist. I simply love it when the popcorn kernels are served in a variety of flavors, and for this reason, I myself keep on experimenting with new popcorn recipes. The salt caramel popcorn was a must to try as we all want to enjoy it at home. The homemade caramel popcorn is healthier than the market bought popcorns, and you can also adjust their flavors according to your own liking.
The salted caramel popcorn recipe that I am going to share today is a time tested one, and whenever I don’t feel like cooking for snack time, I use this recipe to serve my family an instant and quick treat with lots of flavors, and aroma. Let’s find out how you can turn freshly popped popcorn into a delicious caramel coated one.
How to Make Homemade Caramel Corn
Luckily there is not much that you need to do to make this popcorn. The recipe does not require too much preparation either. If you already know how to pop popcorn, then half of your work is already done; the rest is all about making a caramel sauce to toss into the popcorn.
Corn kernels are now available in paper bags, and you place them into the oven to heat and pop the corns inside. This is the easiest way to pop the kernels, and I personally prefer these markets bought popcorn packets. However, if you can’t find the kernels in those bags, then you make your own air popper bag to pop the kernels. Take a medium-sized paper bag and add only 1/3 cup of kernels to this bag then deal its ends. Now place the bag in the microwave and heat for a few minutes until all the kernels are popped.
What You Will Need for Homemade Caramel Corn
To prepare this popcorns at home, you will need the following basic ingredients:
- Popcorn: You can find the unpopped kernels in the superstores easily. Some packets come with seasonings and flavors of their own, avoid using those kernels for this recipe and prefer only the plain kernels.
- Butter: It is the essential ingredient for this recipe, and you cannot miss it. The earthy and soothing flavor in the caramel popcorns comes due to this butter. The butter also gives the popcorn a glossy finish.
- Brown sugar: the caramel we want to mix our popcorns with is formed due to this brown sugar. The brown sugar is first added to the butter and then cooked until it changes its color to deep amber color. It gives a sweet flavor to not only the popcorns but also a nice brown color.
- Corn Syrup: This is the next most basic ingredient that you will for this recipe, and it makes the caramel sauce complete. It is used to add a perfect texture to the caramel sauce.
- Salt: well, the recipe is almost incomplete without the use of salt, both in the sauce or sprinkle on top of the popcorns. Sea salt or kosher salt is recommended for this recipe to give it a grainy texture.
What Else can we to do Caramel Popcorn?
You can always experiment with the recipe by adding a variety of side ingredients. Below are some interesting ideas which can make your caramel popcorn tastier.
- Peanuts: Simple peanuts or roasted peanuts both go well with this popcorn and it rightly compliments the aromatic caramel flavors in the popcorn. Add a handful of peeled or slightly chopped peanuts to the popcorn. You can also use spiced or salty peanuts.
- M&Ms: The sweet and savory flavors of caramel also go well with the M&Ms, especially when you want to turn them into an appealing snack for the kids. Colorful M&Ms on top of the popcorn also make a great party snack.
- Raisins: You known how healthy and rich raisins are! And this caramel popcorn is perhaps the best way to incorporate raisins in your diet and serve them to your kids as well.
- Pretzels: Crispy mini pretzel also compliment a bowl of popcorn. To add pretzels to the popcorn, chop them into a small cube and mix with the coated caramel popcorn, or you can simply garnish with the pretzel pieces.
16 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories170
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 11.9g 17%
- Cholesterol 30.5mg 10%
- Sodium 296mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3g 5%
- Sugars 9.1g
- Protein 1.2g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Treat yourself to salted caramel popcorn as a regular snack or just for a movie night. I bet this popcorn will make your day more fun and exciting. Say goodbye to the same old popcorn and try this super delicious caramel popcorn, which will melt your heart with their mildly sweet flavors. Salted caramel popcorn is loved by all, so give this recipe a try and amaze everyone at your home. And don’t forget to experiment with their flavors by adding different toppings as above.