I think that we all can agree that if you are a smoothie lover, you simply have hundreds of recipes. The problem however is that there is always something wrong with them.
They are either too bland, too unhealthy, too expensive or they are way too time-consuming. Nevertheless, I have spent my whole life searching for the perfect smoothie recipe that is both quick, easy and versatile, and I have finally found the one.
This peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe is the only one you will ever need and it definitely ticks all my boxes!
Unlike a lot of those other smoothies, this recipe is actually incredibly healthy. You can use any type of milk and yogurt you want, meaning that you can use ones perfectly fitted to your lifestyle. These different types of milks also allows you to create a wide variety of flavors while still only using this one recipe.
The peanut butter is also incredibly healthy and you can choose any type or brand that you like. If you are not a fan of peanut-flavored items, don’t fear as you can actually use any type of nut butter you like.
This recipe also only takes a few minutes to make and literally has two steps; weight it out and blend.
The best way to start your morning is with this peanut butter and banana smoothie to help you feel inspired, refreshed and motivated throughout your day.
How To Make a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This recipe will blow your mind! It literally only takes a couple of minutes to make; simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender of your choice and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
- There are tons of alternative ingredients you can use and still have an amazing, delicious peanut butter banana smoothie.
Firstly, you can use any milk that you want, including any type of plant-based milk. Almond milk tastes especially great with peanut butter and banana. You could even use peanut milk if you can find some.
Other types of animal milks include donkey milk, sheep’s milk and goat’s milk. Other types of plant-based milks include coconut milk (another one of my favorite kinds of milk for smoothies), cashew milk, wheat milk and hazelnut milk.
- There is no specific type of yogurt that you need to use. Whatever your preference is will work just fine. I prefer to use Greek yogurt (double cream / thick yogurt) as it will give you a nice and thick smoothie.
Alternatively, you can use a fat-free or low-fat yogurt, but keep in mind that these are sometimes unhealthier than Greek yogurt due to the chemicals and preservatives they contain to make it mimic Greek yogurt.
- A smooth, chunky free peanut butter works the best for smoothies. There are tons of healthier versions that are lower in sodium (salt) and sugar.
Instead of using peanut butter, you can alternatively use 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder.
- You can also substitute the peanut butter with other ingredients to create a different flavored smoothie. You can use other fresh fruits such as strawberries to create a fruity smoothie, but you can also simply substitute the peanut butter with a different nut butter.
Tips & Tricks
- The size of the batch you are making will determine the type of blender you will need. For small batches, you can use a hand-held blender (a stick blender) or a single-serve blender. These are great because sometimes they blend inside a travel mug or cup.
- For larger batches (for multiple people or if you are pre-making smoothies), use a countertop blender.
- To make your life much easier, peel and chop the banana before freezing it. This will save you a lot of time in the mornings.
- You can add flavored milks and yogurts if you want to change the flavor of the smoothie or create variety. This is definitely a health-smoothie so if that is what you want (health), make sure to choose ingredients that are low in fat, sugar and sodium.
- If you are a sweet-tooth like me, you can add some honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or a similar sweetener. Again, choose a healthy sweetener as opposed to plain granulated sugar.
- This is also the perfect base to make easy and convenient chia puddings if you are tired of drinking smoothies. Simple mix through about 2-4 tablespoons chia seeds to the smoothie and allow it to rest overnight or at least 2 hours.
As you can see, this smoothie recipe is incredibly versatile. With one simple recipe, you can create an endless amount of flavors by using different types and flavors of milk and yogurt and by substituting the peanut butter for other flavorings.
This recipe also only uses healthy and beneficial ingredients that will make you feel better each and every morning. It is very easy and quick to make and can even be premade and frozen.
Start your morning the right way with this refreshing and rejuvenating peanut butter and banana smoothie – you won’t regret it!