Do you love rich, delicious, flavorful meatballs? Making them isn’t always as straightforward as it seems, but with this recipe, you’ll have meatballs to die for any time you fancy them. There are a few tricks you can employ to ensure your meatballs are tender and packed with taste, so let’s look at how to make incredible Gordon Ramsay meatballs!
How To Make Gordon Ramsay Meatballs
For these meatballs, you are going to require:
- Ground beef: you want high quality meat for the best results, so don’t skimp when choosing your beef.
- Ground pork: as above, good quality meat will be noticeable in your meatballs.
- Parmesan: this brings out the flavor and makes your meatballs taste richer without making them too cheesy. You don’t need a large amount, but don’t skip this ingredient!
- Herbs: mixing oregano, parsley, and basil is an ideal way to bump up the flavor and ensure your meatballs are not remotely bland. Meatballs really need some herbs to make them taste amazing.
- Breadcrumbs: meatballs don’t work without the breadcrumbs. These stop the meat from getting rubbery or chewy when it is being cooked.
- Garlic: you will be using plenty of garlic to bump up the flavor, both in the meatballs and the marinara sauce.
- Shallots: like the garlic, some thinly sliced shallots will ensure your marinara sauce is a treat to the taste buds.
- Chopped tomatoes: these are crucial for the rich tomato sauce your meatballs are going to soak in.
Tips & Tricks
So, how can you ensure your meatballs are incredible? Let’s look at some top tips!
- Don’t overcook your garlic when making the marinara sauce; it will turn bitter. You want it to be fragrant and translucent.
- If you don’t have either beef or pork, use a pound of the other meat, or consider swapping for another ground meat for a change in flavor.
- Try varying the herbs and spices, and top your meatballs with a little extra Parmesan for an additional hit of flavor.
- Don’t crowd your meatballs in the pan; they will cook much better if they have space. Depending on your pan size, this will often mean only cooking about four at once.
See Also: What To Serve With Meatballs
Can I freeze these meatballs?
Yes, you can safely freeze these meatballs. When you want to eat them, let them defrost in the fridge overnight, or defrost them in the microwave. They should keep in the freezer for months.
How do I store any leftovers?
If you have leftovers, allow them to cool to room temperature and then transfer them to an airtight container and put them in the fridge. Aim to use them up within a couple of days.
What should I serve the meatballs with?
Meatballs in a marinara sauce are traditionally served with spaghetti, but you can also use them to top crusty bread, pair them with a salad, or pour them onto a bed of fluffy rice.
Other Dinner Recipes
Gordon Ramsay’s meatballs are delicious, nutritious, and full of flavor. If you aren’t sure what to make for a weekday dinner – this is the answer. They are super filling and will be loved by kids and adults alike.
The famous Hell’s Kitchen chef certainly knows a thing or two when it comes to meatballs.