If you love pork chops and you’ve recently started cracking out your George Foreman grill, you might be wondering how you can make the best pork chops ever. This recipe is here to help you create succulent, sizzling, mouth-watering pork chops every time. Your weekend barbecues are about to become a thing to remember!
How To Make George Foreman Grill Pork Chops
For these amazing pork chops, you are going to need:
- Boneless pork chops: choose high quality meat for the best results. No amount of work will disguise poor quality meat when it comes to this kind of grilling, where the whole focus is on how great the pork chops taste!
- Soy sauce: this is key to the salty, moreish flavor that you want your pork chops to be imbued with.
- Worcestershire sauce: for a meaty taste in your marinade, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce will be key.
- Honey: a little sweetness goes a long way when you are grilling meat, so don’t leave the honey out of your recipe. You’ll need it to boost the other flavors.
- Mustard: pork chops are best when they have a little bite to them, and a blob of mustard is the perfect way to ensure that yours are flavorful and bold. However, you can omit this if you don’t like mustard.
Tips & Tricks
Now you’ve got the basics of pork chops on a George Foreman grill down, let’s look at how to make these particularly tasty and memorable!
- Don’t skip the resting time; this is crucial for keeping the meat juicy and succulent.
- If you don’t have time to make a marinade, you can still make great pork chops on a George Foreman grill. You can just season the pork with olive oil, salt, and pepper, plus any herbs you enjoy. Cook as described above until the desired temperature is reached.
- You can marinate the meat in the fridge if you make the marinade first thing in the morning. It should be given about 8 hours in the marinade if it is refrigerated during this process.
- Don’t neglect to preheat your grill. Hitting hot metal creates a great sear on the outside of the pork chops. This adds both color and flavor, but it serves a secondary purpose: it seals the juices inside the meat and stops them from being lost to the grill.
- Feel free to experiment with the marinade. You can swap the honey for maple syrup, add a bit of ginger or chili, or include some lemon juice if you like. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to marinades, so adapt the recipe to suit your tastes.
How can I tell if the pork chops are done?
You need a meat thermometer to reliably tell when meat has finished cooking on a grill. The outside of the meat will look cooked before the inside is ready, so if you want to grill foods, make sure you invest in a good meat thermometer. This is the most accurate way to judge when the food is perfectly done, and will really improve your cooking.
Can you make pork chops in advance?
Pork chops are at their most delicious when they have just finished resting, but it is safe to cool them to room temperature and then put them in the fridge if you wish to do this. They can then be reheated in the microwave or on the grill.
Can you add spices to the marinade?
A: You can add any herbs and spices you enjoy to the marinade, or you can simply rub them onto the pork if you don’t plan to marinate it. This will give it a richer flavor.
What should you serve with pork chops?
A: Pork chops go well with a whole range of side dishes, but a few good options include grilled green beans, polenta, rice dishes, or potato salad.
Other Dinner Recipes
What to Serve With Pulled Pork
Pork chops are an extremely popular barbecue option, and if you’re whipping out the grill this summer, consider making these for your family or your guests. They are quick, easy, and super tasty – so it’s a win on all sides!