Have you ever wanted to make dynamite sushi rolls? This incredible Western-style sushi is a fabulous way to enjoy tempura prawns, and it’s a super easy kind of sushi you can make at home. Wow your guests with some actual sushi next time a fancy dinner rolls around – and with very little effort on your part!
How To Make Dynamite Sushi Rolls
This recipe combines a whole host of flavors and deliciousness, so let’s look at the ingredients. The rolls themselves will require:
- Tempura shrimps: these are the main sushi component and are going to bring much of the flavor to the dish, so choose a top quality brand.
- Some mango: this will add a sweetness and fruitiness to the dish.
- Some cucumber: for a fresh, crispy bite, cucumber is crucial. Make sure you choose a really nice, crunchy one, with plenty of flavor.
- Some avocado: avocado goes beautifully with the shrimp and brings a unique and distinctive texture to the meal.
- Nori sheets: these will hold everything together and keep your rice in place.
- Sushi rice: you can’t make great sushi without some sticky rice. You can use other brands, but make sure they are sticky enough. Long grain and basmati rices won’t work.
The maple soy sauce will require:
- Maple syrup, to lend the dish a sweet flavor.
- Soy sauce: this goes brilliantly with the shrimps and makes the other tastes pop.
For the dynamite sauce:
- Sriracha hot sauce: you can reduce this if you don’t enjoy spice, but it will give your rolls a delightful kick.
- Olive oil mayonnaise: this makes everything creamy and helps it to bind together.
- Roasted sesame oil: this lends the meal a wonderfully nutty flavor.
Tips & Tricks
So, how do you make your sushi rolls amazing?
- Store them in the fridge as soon as you have finished cooking them, using an airtight container.
- Consider making a batter for your shrimps if you like them extra-crispy. You can do this by whisking cornstarch, egg yolk, curry powder, flour, and baking powder together and dipping the shrimps in.
- Garnish your sushi rolls with some chopped green onions for a little extra heat and crunchiness.
- Add a little cream cheese to this recipe if you find it has too much bite. The sriracha sauce gives it its classic flavor, but the cream cheese will help to mitigate this if you find it too hot.
See Also: What is Masago and How Do You Make It
How long do dynamite sushi rolls last?
You can keep these rolls for about 24 hours in the fridge, but no longer.
Can you freeze dynamite sushi rolls?
A: Yes; as soon as the rolls are cool, put them in an airtight container and transfer them to the freezer. This is a great way to make them in advance for a party. Don’t keep them in the freezer for too long, though, as the shrimps will lose their texture.
Is this good food for a party?
A: Sushi is a great party food for adults. It is considered luxurious and exotic, and many people really enjoy it. Furthermore, because the shrimps in this recipe are cooked, there is no risk of poor preparation causing food poisoning, making this sushi safe to serve.
Is this recipe easy to make?
Yes, this recipe is very easy. You do need to be able to make sushi rice with a great texture, but otherwise, there is nothing complicated about the dynamite sushi roll – even though it looks high end! Impress your guests and pretend you are part of a posh restaurant.
Making dynamite sushi rolls can be surprisingly easy, and this is an amazing thing to serve up at parties or potlucks. Whip this up any time you’re expecting company, and you’ll soon be known as a master chef.
You might also be interested in: