Pizzelle Makers are highly versatile. You can use most of them to make cookies, pancakes, and dosa in addition to crispy pizzelle. Making the perfect pizzelle can be tricky, and will require some trials before you can master it. However, the best pizzelle maker will vastly simplify the process, and you can make intricately designed waffles in no time.
This article will highlight some of the most highly acclaimed and well-received pizzelle maker models that you can get your hands on in the market. Hang tight as we explore this territory, and hopefully, you will be able to get the ideal pizzelle maker for yourself.
Top 5 Picks For The Best Pizzelle Maker Models
We’ve personally tested each of these options we explore below and clearly articulate the pros, cons and of course the features that make these good options. Although there are 5 listed, we’ve actually reviewed far more options. The pizelle makers that made the top 5 are reviewed below.
|1||Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Press||5|
|2||CucinaPro Non-Stick Electric Pizzelle Maker||4.8|
|3||Chef’s Choice 834 Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker||4.6|
|4||CucinaPro Mini Pizzelle Italian Waffle Maker||4|
|5||Chef’s Choice 835 PizzellePro||4|
1. Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Press
- Durable: Stainless-steel frame, durable and attractive
- Control: Five temperature control settings ranging between 1 and 5
- Add Ons: Recipe book, wooden dowel, and a measuring spoon included in the package
- LED: LED indicator present
- Size: Suitable for four-inch long pizzelle
This pizzelle maker by Cuisinart is perfect for making intricately designed four-inch pizzelles. The waffles will be soft at first, and this is where you can fold them up, fill with cream or whatever you fancy, to make a cannolo. However, if you let them cool for a while, they will become perfectly crispy, just as a pizzella is supposed to be.
No idea where to start? Fret not, Cuisinart provides you with a recipe book to help you get started with all that you can do with this pizzelle press, and trust us, it’s much more than just making waffles. The stainless-steel exterior makes a statement of its own, and the uniform heating mechanism delivers perfect results every time you lift the lid.
However, the lock is plastic-made, so you’ll have to be a little cautious with it, lest you break it. You won’t get a replacement unit from the company, either. Other than this, the whole unit is of sturdy construction, and the heating mechanism has five temperature settings ranging between 1 and 5. An LED indicator will let you know when the cooking completes.
- It is a pretty compact gadget; you won’t need much space to store it
- The machine does not require much skill to operate
- The batter will not stick to the insides of the pizzelle press
- Assorted items (recipe book, most notably) can be pretty helpful for newbies
- The lock is plastic-made; it is a weak point in an otherwise sturdy frame
- Some people found the built-in timer to be subpar (you can always use a separate timer)
2. CucinaPro Non-Stick Electric Pizzelle Maker
- 2 at Once: It can make two five-inch pizzelle at once.
- Control: Five temperature control settings ranging between 1 and 5
- Non Stick: Non-stick Teflon coated and stainless-steel variants available
- Locking system: Metallic locking mechanism
- Heating: Uniform heating
CucinaPro allows you to make two five-inch crisp pizzelle at once, each adorned with intricate patterns and beautiful curvy edges. The simple-to-operate non-stick pizzelle maker lets you prepare perfect waffles in just half a minute. The time efficiency of this model is one of its major selling points.
The model is available in variants; the first one is made up of stainless steel, while the other one has a non-stick Teflon coating. With the non-stick variant, you don’t have to worry about the batter sticking to the pizzelle maker’s surface, but be sure to oil it before use anyway. Both models provide a uniform heat distribution, evenly cooking the waffles to perfection.
CucinaPro is a cost-effective option for your kitchen. It may lack some advanced features, but you get what you pay for. There is no temperature control option, but an LED indicator will let you know when the cooking completes (there will be a click sound). You may have to wait a bit before preparing the next batch, but the result is undeniably amazing.
- It can also make excellent cannoli, ice cream cones, and waffle bowls
- Distributes heat uniformly and effectively
- Instant cooking – you can make pizzelle in just 30 seconds
- The metallic lock is sturdy
- Temperature control is missing
- Only a single indicator is present
3. Chef’s Choice 834 Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker
- 2 at Once: Creates two pizzelle, each 4.75 inches in diameter, at once
- Non Stick: Stainless-steel body with a dull non-stick interior
- Non-removable plates Built-in patterned plates (non-removable)
- Speed: 30-second cooking time
- Lights: Indicator lights built-in
This model is for those who can’t afford to dole out their hard-earned gains on a decent pizzelle maker. Chef’s Choice 834 is a highly functional and yet surprisingly affordable option for making crispy and perfect pizzelle in no time. The cooking time is only 30 seconds, the same as the unit preceding it, but at a lower cost.
The best part is that despite this brief cooking duration, the waffles boast an excellent quality, perfect crispiness, and exquisite taste. However, be careful not to let the pizzelle stay in there for a while longer as that may darken them significantly, stealing their visual appeal. The locking mechanism is impressive, firmly securing the batter inside. Be sure not to add more than what is required; otherwise, it will spill out.
You can make two pizzelle at once, each slightly smaller than five inches (4.75 inches in diameter). You can roll the pizzelle into a cannolo or an ice cream cone, or let it remain the way it is. The unit will alert you with its indicator lights when the cooking completes; however, you can keep track of time yourself, too. There aren’t any temperature settings, but it’s not like you need them for something.
- You can clean it with ease
- It is one of the most affordable options available in the market
- The built-in mechanism firmly locks the lid in place
- Uniform heat distribution
- Quick results
- You can only make thin pizzelle; even if you add more batter, there is no way to make thick ones
- The plastic-made lock is prone to damage; be extra careful with it
4. CucinaPro Mini Pizzelle Italian Waffle Maker
CucinaPro Mini Pizzelle Maker has a durable construct, a sturdy frame, sleek design, and distinctly patterned plates built into its inner body. The heating time and cooking duration is also surprisingly low. However, none of these make this model any different from those mentioned so far, so what does? Four pizzelle in one batch.
That’s right; this Italian waffle iron can cook four crispy and excellent tasting 3.25-inch pizzelle in every batch. The batter won’t stick, as the surface is non-stick; however, don’t forget to oil the surface beforehand. Once you have finished with it, don’t dread the cleaning part as that’s pretty simple and easy, too. It sounds like a win-win deal, right?
The pizzelle-making process requires some trial and error to master, but it’s worth it. You will need to figure out the better batter consistency and amount to get the perfect pizzelle. In some cases, the pizzelle may get slightly browned in some regions while not so much in others. If that’s the case, don’t panic; just use some dressing to make things better.
- Four pizzelle in one batch
- Stainless-steel frame
- Metallic locking system
- Non-stick interior
- It is pretty simple to use
- The cleanup process is easy
- It can make twice as many pizzelle than other models in the same duration
- It is surprisingly affordable
- You can’t roll the pizzelle into cones because of the small size
- The heating can be uneven since there are four pizzelle to heat instead of just the two
5. Chef’s Choice 835 PizzellePro
The PizzellePro from Chef’s Choice is another compact, highly functional, and effective waffle iron on this list. This model allows you to make three pizzelle at once, all three being three-inch-long with a beautiful pattern etched into their surface. This is also among some of the most affordable options on the market but delivers impressive results nonetheless.
Since it has a highly compact frame, storing it away should not be troublesome for the consumer. You will be amazed by the even heat distribution across the non-stick interior, which allows the machine to cook up evenly ironed pizzelle. You can tune the temperature setting between 1 and 5, according to your preference, although most people go for 3. This way, you can control the shade and crispiness of your waffles.
An overflow channel built into the frame will take care of excess batter without creating a mess, and the indicators will alert you when the cooking completes. You might want to set your own timer as the indicator can be unreliable at times, but all in all, you get a pretty nice package with this model. The manufacturers are also kind enough to ship a recipe book, dowel, and batter spoon alongside this pizzelle maker.
- Temperature control options (1 to 5) available
- Built-in light indicators
- Three pizzelle cooked at once
- Overflow channel included
- Non-stick interior
- The model offers uniform heat distribution
- The cooking time is fast
- It is compact and hence easy to store
- The cleaning process is simple
- The locking mechanism is prone to damage; be careful with it
- Three-inch long pizzelle might not appeal to everyone
Buyer’s Guide: How To Select the Best Pizzelle Maker?
Before you move on and get your hands on a pizzelle maker, give this section a read, lest you end up with something completely useless in your situation. Go through these parameters, and you’ll see which features make the best pizzelle maker:
Ideally, your pizzelle maker should be compact enough to store away with ease. Smaller models also require less maintenance and provide more uniform heating. However, very small units can’t make big enough pizzelle, so pick one that fills both shoes perfectly.
2. Control Options
Conventional models operate manually; they don’t have light indicators or temperature settings. You might want the latter duo in your model, but you can do well without both of them. Just be sure to time your cooking sessions perfectly.
3. Frame Materials
Aluminum, stainless steel, or iron, coated with a non-stick layer (inside), are some of the most decent frame materials available for pizzelle makers. Such materials are highly durable and don’t degenerate over time easily, making them ideal for the long run.
4. Pizzelle Size, Pattern & Thickness
Pizzelle sizes range between 3 and 6 inches. The smaller ones are ideal for storing in jars while you can roll the bigger ones into a cannolo or ice cream cones. You also get similar or different patterns on either side, and the thickness can vary in most cases. However, thinner pizzelle are generally considered better. Thicker pizzelle are harder to cook thoroughly.
5. Overflow Channels
Overflow channels will help you minimize the mess if you add excess batter by mistake. Otherwise, you’re in serious trouble.
Having a sturdy locking mechanism is a must.
People who bought the products mentioned on the list above praised them for their performance, design, elegance, and results. These pizzelle makers will not only simplify the pizzelle-making process for you but also deliver unparalleled crispiness to your self-made Italian waffles.
With one of these, you will be able to add variety to the dinner table and impress your guests with exquisite and exotic pizzelle. All in all, you can’t go wrong with any products listed above but do consider your budget and specific needs before finalizing an option.