KFC’s Corn on the Cob is a favorite for many. It’s a simple dish, but when done right, it can be the perfect side to your meal. This recipe aims to capture the essence of KFC’s corn, allowing you to enjoy its flavors from the comfort of your home.
How to Make Copycat KFC Corn on the Cob
Recreating KFC’s Corn on the Cob at home is a breeze. With fresh corn, a touch of butter, and a sprinkle of salt, you can achieve that iconic taste. Boil the corn to perfection, brush with butter, season, and enjoy a classic side dish in minutes.
- Fresh corn on the cob (quantity as per your requirement)
- Butter (for brushing)
- Salt (to taste)
- Optional seasonings: Paprika, garlic powder, or herbs
Begin by husking the corn and removing all the silk. Rinse the cobs under cold running water. This step is crucial as it ensures that your corn is clean and ready for boiling.
Boiling the Corn
Fill a large pot with water and place it on high heat. Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add a pinch of salt. The salt will season the corn while it cooks.
Gently place the corn cobs into the boiling water. Let them cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until the corn kernels are tender when pierced with a fork.
Seasoning and Serving
After cooking, use tongs to remove the corn from the water and let it drain. While still hot, brush each cob with butter. This will give it a rich flavor and a glossy look.
Season your corn with salt and any of your chosen additional seasonings. Serving immediately ensures that you enjoy your corn while it’s still hot and flavorful.
Tips & Tricks
Recreating homemade KFC’s Corn on the Cob at home is surprisingly simple with our easy-to-follow recipe. Indulge in this mouthwatering side dish whenever you fancy, right from your kitchen.
The secret to an exceptional corn on the cob lies in its freshness and the right amount of seasoning. This recipe is perfect for both, avid KFC enthusiasts and corn on the cob lovers. So, it’s time to get your pot simmering, your butter ready, and embark on this culinary adventure! Enjoy your homemade version of KFC Corn on the Cob.
Here are some extra tips to help you perfect your KFC corn on the cob recipe:
- Choosing Corn: Always choose fresh corn. The kernels should be plump and juicy, and the husks should be green and tightly wrapped around the cob. Avoid any corn with dried or brown areas.
- Cooking Time: Be cautious not to overcook your corn. Overcooked corn can become tough and lose its sweet flavor. It should be tender but still have a slight crunch.
- Seasoning Variations: While butter and salt are classic seasonings for corn on the cob, don’t be afraid to experiment. Try sprinkling some garlic powder, paprika, or herbs over your buttered cobs. You could also try adding some grated cheese for a cheesy twist.
- Storage: If you have leftover corn, wrap it in foil and store it in the refrigerator. To reheat, place the foil-wrapped corn in a preheated oven (350°F or 175°C) for about 10-15 minutes, or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Other KFC Dishes
- Cooks in 65 minutesDifficulty: Easy
This low-calorie KFC famous bowl recipe is notches above your expectations. It is truly a blast of flavor and texture in your mouth. Try it first.
- Cooks in 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Rich and creamy KFC-inspired mashed potatoes, bringing the iconic comfort food flavor to your home table in under 30 minutes
KFC has some classic recipes and we’ve collated the secret sauce to allow you to replicate these KFC recipes. Follow our instructions and you’ll be able to bring Kentucky Fried Chicken into your own home.
- Cooks in 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Why go to the KFC restaurant chain when you can make KFC popcorn chicken in the comfort of your home. This recipe is easy and will be so much fun to make.
- Cooks in 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
We’ve got everything you need to make your own KFC Mac and Cheese and enjoy it whenever craving hits.
Who knew that recreating KFC’s Corn on the Cob at home could be so easy? With this simple recipe, you can enjoy this delicious side dish anytime you want. Remember, the key to great corn on the cob is freshness and proper seasoning.
Whether you’re a long-time fan of KFC’s food or just someone who loves a good corn on the cob, this recipe is sure to satisfy. So get your pot boiling, your butter melting, and start cooking! Enjoy your homemade KFC Corn on the Cob.