Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard is a notorious selection that has passed the ages of time for the better. WIth mouth watering combinations of soft vanilla ice-cream and lets not forget the Oreos. Best of all, this treat is so easy to make for yourself at home. The first time I tried this recipe I knew I had to make it for my kids at home.
I nearly regret introducing this mouth watering ice cream drink to them, as it has become their go to when they deserve a treat. Secretly, I love making these as it gives me an excuse to indulge in this Oreo blizzard myself. If you like copycat recipes like I do this, then this needs to go right to the top of your list. You’ll almost be able to turn this upside down, the blizzard is that thick. Inevitably other restaurants have tried to replicate the frosty in their own form but few get close to what have DQ have achieved.
How To Make Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard
You’re going to love this because it doesn’t get any easier or more worth it. Once you’ve gathered the appropriate ingredients, you’re 75% of the way there. There are of course only three simple ingredients in the oreo blizzard. If you’re familiar with Dairy Queen you’ll be aware they offer around thirty different blizzard variations. These include a combination of candies and sundae toppings, as well as a lot more. There are so many endless possibilities you can include.
My favorite is the oreo blizzard, combining two of my favorite treats in the world; oreo cookies and ice cream. There is something you should never add to these and that ingredient is milk. The main item to add is ice-cream and of course toppings, as well as some vanilla extract! Yes, that’s right these 3 ingredients.
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream (preferably soft serve or a creamy variety)
- 6-8 Oreo cookies
- Vanilla Extract
- Preparation: Start by placing your serving glass or bowl in the freezer. This will help keep the Blizzard cold once it’s prepared.
- Crush Oreos: In a zip-top bag, place your Oreo cookies. Seal the bag and use a rolling pin or the back of a spoon to crush the cookies into smaller pieces. You can decide how chunky or fine you want the Oreo pieces to be based on your preference.
- Blend: In a blender, combine the vanilla bean ice cream and optional sweetener if you’re using it. Blend until smooth.
- Mix in Oreos: Add the crushed Oreo pieces to the blender and pulse a few times to mix them in. You want to ensure the Oreos are distributed throughout the mixture but not completely pulverized.
- Serve: Pour the Oreo Blizzard mixture into your chilled glass or bowl. If desired, you can garnish with a whole Oreo or some additional crushed pieces on top.
- Enjoy Immediately: The Oreo Blizzard is best enjoyed immediately while it’s cold and creamy!
Tips & Tricks
- You can customize this recipe by adding other mix-ins like chocolate chips, M&Ms, or even caramel sauce.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can mix the ingredients in a bowl using a spoon or spatula. Just ensure the ice cream is slightly softened to make it easier to mix.
We did start off by telling you this recipe is really easy. With only 2 ingredients and simple to follow instructions, you have absolutely no excuses not to try this. If you want to give your kids or even yourself a treat, this is ideal. Now that we’ve gone through the ingredients and the step by step directions, you’ll be well underway to making this delicious treat. If you love making this treat and have your own experience, please join us by leaving your feedback down below.
With so many flavors available to choose, you’re definitely going to take a liking to one or all of these; are M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, Oreo (of course), Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Butterfinger.
At 1150 kcals this is one treat you do not want to miss out on making. A little on the high side for my liking but when it’s a rare occasion it’s completely worth it. Well, there you have it, you now know how to make an oreo blizzard. Did we mention it only takes 5 minutes?