We all know a smoothie is a great way to start the morning off. When you’re out and about at breakfast time you can quickly stop off at your nearest McDonalds for a yummy strawberry banana smoothie. Or if you’ve time on your hands, making this McDonalds strawberry banana smoothie recipe at home is so simple and only requires 3 ingredients. Best of all it’s one item on their menu that you can’t feel guilty about eating!
Any smoothie that combines delicious fruits like bananas and strawberries already has my vote. With such a smooth and tasty drink, it will brighten up any morning and give you a stride in your step. Other benefits of this include it being dairy free, which might be important to many of our readers.
Save yourself the hassle and skip the queues by having this cold smoothie from the comfort of your own home. It requires very little time to make and will keep you feeling refreshed and healthy.
How To Make Copycat McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothies
As I’m sure you’ve guessed from the recipe title, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make this drink up from scratch. In fact, 3 key ingredients is all it takes to make the perfect copycat smoothie. Providing you get yourself the following ingredients, you’re all set to go.
- Frozen Strawberries: The key flavor component, adding a fresh and fruity taste to the smoothie.
- Bananas: Provide natural sweetness and a creamy texture, complementing the strawberries.
- Crushed Ice: Forms the base of the smoothie, giving it a chilled and slushy texture.
With this, add the items into a blender and watch the magic happen. Ideally drink this immediately for optimal enjoyment. You can have this at home or make it for your journey into work.
You can find the strawberries in your freezer section, they are often sold near the frozen fruit. They can come in small square boxes instead of bags like you see a lot of the frozen fruit. I like to use these because the strawberries in these packages were picked when they were perfectly ripe, and they are sweetened wonderfully.
McDonald Smoothie Nutritional Facts
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories90
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 0g 0%
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 7mg 1%
- Potassium 418mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate 23g 8%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tips for the Perfect Smoothie
Use Ripe Bananas: Choose ripe bananas for natural sweetness and a creamier texture.
Quality Frozen Strawberries: Opt for high-quality frozen strawberries for a richer flavor.
Gradual Blending: Start by blending bananas with a little ice, then add strawberries for a smoother consistency.
Serve Immediately: Enjoy the smoothie right after blending to maintain its thick, slushy texture.
Sweetness Adjustment: If needed, add a touch of honey or agave syrup to enhance the sweetness.
How to store this Smoothie
To store the McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie, follow these steps:
- Immediate Consumption Recommended: This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, right after blending, to maintain its flavor and texture.
- Refrigeration: If you need to store it, pour the smoothie into an airtight container and refrigerate. It should be consumed within 24 hours for optimal taste.
- Avoid Freezing: Freezing the smoothie can alter its texture, making it less enjoyable when thawed.
- Stir Before Serving: If the smoothie separates while in the fridge, give it a good stir or a quick blend to restore its consistency before serving.
Other Great Recipes
- McDonald’s Apple Pie Recipe: Recreate the classic McDonald’s Apple Pie with this easy and delicious recipe.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe: If you’re a fan of Starbucks as well, try making your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home.
- Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe: Another Starbucks favorite, this recipe brings the festive flavor of peppermint hot chocolate to your kitchen.
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino: Enjoy a homemade version of this popular Starbucks Frappuccino.
There you have it, a famous Mcdonalds special copycat complete! Our banana and strawberry smoothie recipe is one you’ll definitely enjoy. This famous McDonald’s Smoothie recipe can be whipped up at home for a relatively inexpensive cost. You can beat the queues and watch your family and friends smiling wondering where they’ve had that awesome smoothie before.
Smoothies recipes like this are ones that even Ronald Mcdonald and his restaurant chain would find both delicious and refreshing. You really can’t beat sliced fruit smoothies and if you’re feeling adventurous include yogurt. Although not on the menu it can add a creamy fruit blend, that turns a vanilla recipe into a delicious cup of morning goodness. Keep in mind that this is also healthy and at recipefairy we love healthy recipes. Just follow the instructions and cook up a healthy storm in the kitchen
Let us know what creamy smoothies recipes you enjoy in the morning by getting involved over on our Facebook page or by sending us an email. We’re always on the lookout for new recipe and food ideas. Whether it’s a copycat recipe from your favorite chain to a unique dish your grandmother makes, we love to make them. Sign up for more recipe ideas and inspiration.