Life in the fast lane doesn’t mean you need to compromise on flavor or quality when it comes to meals. With McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix, you can prepare a quick and easy, yet delicious, meal in just 20 minutes. This seasoning mix is a zesty blend of authentic Mexican seasonings that will make your fajitas a hit with everyone at the table.
How to make copycat McCormick Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Citric Acid
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine salt, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, cornstarch, turmeric, citric acid, and ginger.
- Using a whisk or a fork, stir the ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed together.
- Your homemade McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix is ready to use. If you want to store it for later use, transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in a cool, dry place.
Remember, the key to a great seasoning mix is to adjust the ingredients to your personal taste. Enjoy this flavorful mix in your next fajita recipe.
This recipe makes approximately the same amount as one packet of McCormick Fajita Seasoning. If you prefer a milder or spicier flavor, feel free to adjust the amount of chili powder and cayenne pepper. Enjoy cooking your fajitas with this homemade seasoning mix!
Tips and Tricks
- Versatility: This mix isn’t just for fajitas. Try it on grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or even sprinkled on popcorn for a spicy snack.
- Marinating: For a deeper flavor, marinate your meat or veggies with the seasoning mix for a few hours before cooking.
- Heat Level: If you like your fajitas extra spicy, add a touch of cayenne pepper to the mix.
- Storing: Make a larger batch of homemade mix and store it in an airtight container. This way, you’ll always have it ready for your fajitas or other dishes.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve your fajitas with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. The acid will brighten the flavors of the seasoning mix.
- Experiment: Don’t be afraid to experiment with the mix. It can work well with a variety of dishes from soups and stews to stir-fries and casseroles.
Remember, the best way to learn how to use a seasoning mix is to experiment and taste as you go. Enjoy your cooking adventures with McCormick Fajita Seasoning Mix!
See Also: McCormick Meatloaf
What’s the difference between taco seasoning and fajita seasoning?
McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix and taco seasoning are both staples in Mexican cuisine, but they do have some differences. Fajita seasoning, like the McCormick mix, has a milder, balanced flavor profile designed to enhance the natural flavors of meat and vegetables in fajitas. Taco seasoning, on the other hand, is typically spicier with a stronger presence of cumin, giving it an earthier flavor. While they’re designed for different dishes, they can be used interchangeably depending on your taste preference.
How to store this fajita seasoning
- Container: Store the seasoning mix in its original packaging or transfer it into an airtight container.
- Location: Keep the container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. A pantry or a kitchen cupboard away from the stove, oven or dishwasher is ideal as these appliances can cause temperature fluctuations.
- Shelf Life: While the mix doesn’t technically expire, for the best flavor, use it within two years of the manufacturing date. After this period, the spices may lose some of their potency.
- Check for Freshness: Smell the mix before using it. If the scent is weak, it might not provide the flavor you’re expecting.
Proper storage can help maintain the quality and prolong the shelf life of your fajita seasoning mix.
See Also: Burger Seasoning Recipe
As you can see, preparing a flavorful and quick meal is possible with McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix. In just 20 minutes, you can have a meal that’s packed with flavors and satisfies your Mexican food cravings. So why not give it a try? We would love to hear about your experiences with this recipe, so don’t hesitate to share!
Remember, good food doesn’t always require hours in the kitchen. Sometimes all you need is the right mix of ingredients and seasonings to make a meal that’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious.