Bisquick Peach cobbler is such a classic and traditional recipe and every household probably already has one. But finding a recipe that is fool-proof, delicious and quick to make isn’t always that easy.
The perfect peach cobbler should be fluffy yet firm, flavorful but not overpowering and saucy but not soggy. And most of all, it shouldn’t take you all day to make. This Bisquick Peach Cobbler recipe has truly changed my life!
First and foremost, because you are using the incredibly useful and convenient Bisquick recipes mix, this recipe only takes 10 minutes to make. It also doesn’t have all those excessive steps meaning you can whip it up in no time. Because the steps are so easy, the recipe is truly fool-proof.
It is also a very versatile recipe as you can make virtually any type of cobbler by simply substituting the peaches with a fruit of your choice.
You can also easily substitute some of the ingredients to alter the final flavor. For example, you can create a more caramel-flavored cobbler by using brown sugar instead of white sugar. You can also substitute some of the ingredients with healthier alternatives such as xylitol instead of sugar.
You can add additional ingredients such as vanilla essence or extract, ground cinnamon or allspice and other flavorings like a tablespoon or two of nut butter. You can add more texture by adding some chopped nuts or even dried fruit.
This recipe is the only cobbler recipe you will ever need! It has the perfect airy and soft texture, the perfect balance of sweetness is very flexible and diverse and can be used as a base to create many different flavors.
Look no further as the perfect cobbler recipe has been found!
How To Make Bisquick Peach Cobbler
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8x2 inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray or brush the sides with melted butter. Alternatively, line the baking dish with a non-stick baking paper.
In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick and ground nutmeg. Slowly add the milk and melted butter and mix until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Any additional ingredients can be gently mixed in at this point.
Place the mixture into the lined baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine the peach slices and sugar and mix well. Spoon the peach mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
Bake the mixture for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before serving it with your favorite accompaniment.
Tips & Tricks
- For a more caramel-flavored cobbler, use granulated brown sugar or Muscavado sugar instead of white sugar.
- You can also add additional flavoring ingredients such as vanilla essence or extract, cinnamon powder, peanut butter and so on. This is a very stable recipe so it can be easily adjusted to create the perfect cobbler of your choice.
- If you do not like a saucy cobbler, add at least ¼ cup cornstarch to the peach and sugar mixture. This way the sauce that forms will become much thinker. Be sure to cook the cobbler until the sauce bubbles – this way the corn starch flavor has been cooked out.
- You can make this peach cobbler in any shape you want. A great idea is to make individual portions in ramekins.
- This peach cobbler will also be perfectly accompanied by whipped coconut cream, a pecan nut brittle or a cinnamon or peanut butter flavored ice cream.
As you can see, you never have to go searching for a cobbler recipe again. This recipe has it all; it isn’t sickeningly sweet, has a great flavor that can also be easily adjusted and because you are using the Bisquick mix, you know that the texture will be out of this world.
Use this recipe to make the ultimate peach cobbler or simply substitute the peach with any other fruit to make a cobbler of your choice.
It is quick, easy and delicious – what more could you ask for?